I don’t know what’s up with USPS but they keep sending my letters and beautiful presents to Bermuda. It’s killing me. Waiting those extra months for Valentine’s Day cards and Christmas candies. It’s so cruel
But enough about my first-world woes. I just hit ONE YEAR! That’s one year of sand storms, cricket invasions and strange holiday decorations. You know you’ve been here that long when:
- Sunblock is the new lotion.
- Lotion is the new make-up.
- Chocolate and cookies actually solves problems.
- Fast food become the warp and woof of high cuisine. I could kill for a Domino’s pizza.
- Frozen water bottles are your new bedmates.
- You speak of self testicular cancer exams with great ease.
- You can knowledgeably answer questions revolving around said exams.
- Saturday is exciting because that’s when you wash your hair.
- Men in flower-strewn hats is a normal sight.
- And realizing you’re the only person in the commissary wearing shoes is okay.
Aight, I’m off to work on a few things. If anyone has any great ideas for picture codes on pregnancy, hit me up. I’m creating a book to explain healthy pregnancy using photos that will start up conversations (like a pregnant woman drinking alcohol). It’ll be a great tool to use with memes waiting around to see the nurse and will give them some additional health education. I’m a poor artist but we’ll see what messages we can get across!
Peace, hugs and all the bunny stuff!